This actually looks really stinking cool! looks to be more interesting than EVE
Starborne: Sovereign Space
A downloadable game
Starborne is a new strategy MMO where you take on the role of space commander to compete against thousands of other players over control of the galaxy. Forge alliances, build massive fleets and wage wars to expand your space station into a galactic empire!
- Define your Playstyle: Command fleets on the frontlines, sabotage enemies through covert operations or become the industrial backbone of your alliance.
- Massive Scale: Explore, settle and conquer a seamless galaxy map containing over 1 million hexes.
- Empire Management: Gather resources, upgrade buildings and construct ships to secure your borders.
- Deep Customization: Collect over 200 cards to enhance your fleets, outposts and space stations, each granting unique bonuses.
- PvP in Space: Take part in epic cross-map Alliance vs. Alliance battles.
- Cross Platform: Play Starborne on the go with the companion app for Android.
How can I play?
The next alpha test is slated to start in late Spring/early Summer. Sign up on starborne.com or follow us here on itch to receive development updates!
When does the game come out?
We aim to reach Open Beta in later this year, with the release date following shorty after.
What platforms will the game be on?
Windows, Mac and Linux as well as companion apps for iOS and Android.
How much will the game cost?
Starborne is a Free-to-Play game.
Who are the developers behind Starborne?
Solid Clouds, an independent game development company based in Seltjarnarnes, Iceland. The team is comprised of former CCP developers such as Ásgeir Ásgeirsson, EVE Online’s former Art Director, and has been working on Starborne for a little over three years now.
Join the Community!
|Published||Feb 07, 2018|
|Tags||3D, Massively multiplayer, mmorts, Multiplayer, online, Real time strategy, Sci-fi, Space, Space Sim, Unity|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Touchscreen, Smartphone|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer|
|Links||Homepage, Community, Twitter, Discord|
- Map Update80 days ago
- UI UpdateApr 09, 2018
- Movement UpdateMar 28, 2018
- Capital Ships in StarborneMar 16, 2018
- Heavy Ships in StarborneMar 14, 2018
- Light Ships in StarborneMar 13, 2018
- Captain Avatar And Ship VariationsFeb 27, 2018
- Sneak Peek Of The Commander Levels!Feb 16, 2018